The 'Ethel' is a prestigious purpose-built community barge offering day and residential trips, on the inland waterways, to all groups from the very young to the elderly.
Because 'Ethel' is fully accessible she can accommodate people with disabilities.
'Ethel' is licenced to carry a maximum of 12 passengers plus the skipper and crew.
These trips are also highly valued by able-bodied community groups.
- Fully-fitted galley
- Gas and microwave ovens
- Fridge and freezer
- 240-volt power supply throughout
- Ample worktops and sink unit
- 15' x 13' 6" indoor lounge with large double-glazed windows
- Thermostatically-controlled central heating
- Two toilets with disabled access; one with shower
- Running hot water at all times
- Hydraulic lifts, fore and aft
- Maximum 10 sleeping berths on residential trips
- Safety equipment is well in excess of Department of Transport requirements
- Safety rails all round viewing decks, fore and aft
- Automatic bilge pumps
- Fire-resistant cladding
- Each windows is an escape hatch
- Life jackets